Friday, August 1, 2008

Just arrived in my inbox ........

From john charles

I am writing to seek your partnership in the investment of my inheritance fund USD $6.5M from my late father who died mysteriously on 12 july 2006.

I will like to further introduce myself to you. My name is Mr john charles, I am a 20 years old boy, the only child and son of my late parents Mr and Mrs Toure charles.

It was very evident that he was poisoned to death. I lost my mother when I was barely a year old and my father refused to re-marry another wife because he felt solely responsible for my mother's death. This is so because he concentrated much on his businesses that he rarely pays attention to domestic affairs.

He was always travelling taking care of his businesses that he did not notice when my mother took ill. He thought it was a minor illness and was ignorant of this. My mother on her own resorted to self-medication.

It was not until the illness degenerated that my father took my mother to hospital where she was diagnosed to find out that hypatitis had eaten deep into her blood stream. She didn't last long before she died. This happened when I was barely a year old. Based on this, my father could not forgive himself easily because of it and said he was responsible for her death as he could have saved her if only he had paid attention to the things at home rather than concentrating much on his businesses.

Despite all entreaties by friends and relatives, he refused to remarry but ensured that I had everything that I wanted. It was as a result of this that he made me the next of kin to his fund deposit with the bank here in my country, I should have a direct access to the fund,only when I am 28 years of age otherwise, I should have a guardian/partner intercede on my behalf for the release of the fund to me. Unfortunately, he died on 12 july 2006 and I am 20 years of age currently.

This is why I have contacted you to serve as a guardian to me and as my foreign partner for the investment of my inheritance fund overseas My uncles does not know about the funds because they had already taken my father's houses and other properties and they are looking for a way to kill me. They have requested to have my father's file where all the documents that proof the existence of my inheritance fund in the bank where kept but I simply told them that I do not know where he kept them.

Talk to you the more.
John charles



There you go - word for word, the usual junk that I receive daily - (such the popular chick that I am). Todays seems to have a little more imagination than most that come through so thought I should share this one with you all.

And what do you think of it for a bit of scandal so early in the morning??
I'm thinking perhaps this chap should get a part in a James Bond movie - sounds like the perfect plot don't you think, and for me to be picked out as his guardian and get a share in all this - "Gosh, how honored am I?" ......... Er .......


In fact anyone keen on helping the chap out could probably get in touch with him direct. Think his return email was;
pleasecaniripyouoff@whatasucker.com



What I still don't get though is how do these weirdos get hold of my email address, and also why haven't Kenyans thought up something similar ? We're usually excellent at finding the most ingenious ways to rip people off and yet these scams seem to be all coming from foreign web worlds ?

Or perhaps it's just that my email address has got it's little self into the wrong hemisphere and I am missing out on the emails that are asking for donations for Obama's granny to go on a small round the world cruise on her way to his inauguration ceremony as the President of the US of the A's??

Perhaps I shall start my own .......

I mean, did you not know I was the illegitimate daughter of our (EX) Finance Minister Mr Kimunya's, childhood sweetheart, and that I too have a small 5Million Dollar fund with my name on it standing by at the Central Bank of which I need to get my hands on through a third party, so that Mr Marende (the house speaker in Parliament) doesn't find out and try to poison me when I'm having my next 3 course lunch at The Grand Regency hotel with my "Unco Amos" !!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lost chick! I haven't read your blog for a while now.

Those 419 letters; I don't even open them.

There are people that still fall for these scams! I guess it’s true what they say: “There’s a sucker born every minute.”

My husband and I played along with one of those scammers. We strung him along for a while.

BabaMzungu said...

Hi MC
I haven't received a 419 for a while, and although they seem to have started in Nigeria, they now supposedly come from most African countries, including Kenya. They are also coming from Eastern Europe.
And I know someone who lost over £4,000 to these scams. Yep! one born every minute!
DM

Anonymous said...

get mailwasher.com it will help with getting rid of most junk-mail

Expat mum said...

I get about three of these a day, all from your continent too! I am just waiting to hear about the poor sod who actually goes along with it and gets fleeced. They must think we're all stupid.

BabaMzungu said...

Hi MC

Are you sure that your $5M fund is not sitting in the Central Bank of Zimbabwe?

Catch you later
DM