Thursday, January 24, 2008

ODM recaps day

ODM did hold a press conference this evening and said they held hope until Kibaki had a few words after the Harambee House meeting and slotted in that he is "the duly elected President".

ODM said that by saying that, Kibaki negates the entire international mediation and he ruined the afternoon, and until he admits the results of the election were fraudulent peace will be elusive to Kenyans.

Meanwhile the Human Rights Commission has issued a report that states that ODM party officials had organised, incited and implemented ethnic based violence in the Rift Valley region.

Also just heard the media ban on live broadcasting has not been lifted so think that live broadcaster earlier slightly jumped the gun there. - Sorry, probably bad choice of words but you know what I mean!

I can't help feeling we just took one step forward and two steps back.

Well tomorrow is another day and . . . . . Er, well, um, er, . . .
Try as I might, I can't somehow find any uplifting words to put in here so I'll just have to leave that to you and your thoughts.

Good night all.


Sent from my BlackBerry®

6 comments:

BabaMzungu said...

A day of surprises!
Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum in the same room together.
Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee shake hands.
Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee start the recriminations as soon as they get back home.
Just another day in Kenyan politics, 2008 version.
Still, at least they said that they will continue to talk. I suppose that is a good sign - isn't it?
And a reporter actually going out on the streets to report live! Will he be arrested, do you think?

Ruth said...

Wow, you must be exhausted from all the emotional ups and downs. I know I am, and I'm not even in Kenya.

aims said...

Hon - sorry to have made you feel bad about your home. I didn't mean to do that at all. It just seems like there is so much strife there - and here I sit - in paradise. Every day is wonderful - the country is at peace - we don't have massive floods or earthquakes. We don't have masses of crime or killing.

And I can't imagine living in a country without all of this.

That being said - I am sure it is beautiful and you have your heart there. So don't mind me.

Mzungu Chick said...

dad Mzungu - yes surprised that the 2 big-wigs finally got together, but not surprised they were scrapping half and hour later.

Ruth - yes the roller coaster of emotions takes a serious toil on your sleep that's for sure!

Aims - sorry I perhaps sounded defensive in my reply to you the other day - didn't mean to at all, jsut at a crossroads in my life where peace & paradise sound awfully attractive and am just wondering if I can get as brave as you and go and find it. Love your comments thank you, they make me feel someone somewhere cares, even if they're only in my head. :-)

Anonymous said...

and here I sit - in paradise. Every day is wonderful - the country is at peace - we don't have massive floods or earthquakes. We don't have masses of crime or killing.

And I can't imagine living in a country without all of this.

Why do I think some insular Canadian i taking the p*** here? Ati paradise! You should be so lucky old chap! You know what? I'd never swap my country for your 'paradise' but of course it'll be asking too much for you to understand why!

Mzungu Chick said...

Anon - why so bitter about someone else's paradise? Ours is here and the fact that you'd never swop your country is a good thing and we don't need to understand why - we just need you to do the right thing and support your own paradise which is your own country, and don't let anyone from any one tribe take priority over another. Please lets live all together in peace without the hatred for any other person - no matter who they are or where they come from. It does not make anyone a bad person surely just because they have chosen a different view of paradise.